May 3, 2015

DIY Bug Spray

My family loves to be outside! We don't love the bugs, however. I am convinced that we have sugar in our blood with the way that we attract mosquitoes. I want to keep us protected but I don't want us to be using harmful chemicals. I've tried a few non-deet bug repellents but nothing seemed to really scare those suckers away! So I made my own using our Young Living Essential Oils. And it works! I feel that we need to reapply ever couple of hours but that's no problem. I was hesitant that it would smell awful. But it actually smells pretty good! Better than store bought bug spray for sure!


DIY Bug Spray
(DEET free!)

What you'll need:
4 oz glass spray bottle
natural witch hazel
1 tbsp carrier oil
(I chose Vitamin E Oil)
10 drops Purification
7 drops Peppermint
7 drops Thieves
5 drops Lemongrass (optional)

Add the oils to bottle. Fill rest of the way with witch hazel. Shake well before each use.
Be sure not to spray in or around eyes!


For more information about essential oils, leave your name and email in the comments or visit this page.

PLEASE NOTE: THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS INTENDED FOR YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE ONLY AND IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT FOR SPECIFIC MEDICAL CONDITIONS.  YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS INFORMATION TO DIAGNOSE OR TREAT A HEALTH PROBLEM OR DISEASE WITHOUT CONSULTING WITH A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE STARTING ANY NEW TREATMENT OR DISCONTINUING AN EXISTING TREATMENT. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS SITE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment