February 20, 2015

Young Living Essential Oils

In November of 2014, a friend and I decided to attend an "Oils Class 101". I had heard about these oils through social media, other moms in the area, a few friends, but I really had no idea what they were all about. While attending the class, I felt very out of place and overwhelmed. I mean come on, an oil from a plant can help me alleviate illness, pain, and stress? I will be the first to admit, I went home that night a skeptic. But I was still very interested. I did a little digging about them over the next week or so and what really caught my attention were a few oils in particular (lavender, lemon, peppermint, and thieves) and what all of these resources claimed they would do for me and my family. 

My friend who joined me that night at the oils class decided to order herself a kit and invited me over to see it. I loved the smell that she had in the diffuser but between the two of us we had no idea what the heck we were doing. I went home and talked with my fiance that very night. I explained to him my concerns about the oils as well as the reasons why I wanted to bring them into our lives. Even though we both remained skeptic, I planned to order one very soon after.

A week went by and Ryder and I caught some very nasty viruses. Fevers, chills, aches, upset stomachs...it was horrible. Luckily my kit arrived on day two of the illnesses. I put Thieves on our feet and in the diffuser (along with Purification), an allergy mix on our chests, wrist, and behind our ears. The next morning we both woke up without fevers, without runny noses, without coughs, without aches, without chills...you get the idea. I was immediately sold on Young Living's essential oils from that moment on!

Fast forward to today: I am completely off allergy medication. Ryder is sleeping completely through the night. We've saved money from doctor visits, prescription drugs, and over-the-counter medicines. Our house is less toxic and I've been able to make my own bug spray, hand sanitizer, boo boo spray, household cleaners, face wash, and other necessaries that I know are not only harmful to my family but insanely beneficial! The spray we use to clean Ryder's high chair, I would feel safe spraying directly on him. It's amazing to be able to say that. We've also had tremendous success knocking out fevers, headaches and tummy aches with peppermint. No more worrying about liver damage for short-term relief.


What are essential oils?

Essential oils are the aromatic, volatile liquids distilled from plants.  The oil can be obtained from the seeds, roots, and entire shrub, flowers, leaves and trees.  The Bible contains 188 references to the use of essential oils or the plants from which they are derived.  Pretty cool! I’ll admit, I was skeptical at first (and totally called my friends crazy hippies) but the more I heard testimonies of the miraculous ways these oils were working in the lives of some of my good friends, my interest was peaked and I had to give them a try.  They are also used in hospitals all over the US & worldwide. While modern medicine obviously has its place, it’s very empowering as a mama to be able to treat your family safely and naturally, without trading one ailment for another (sometimes worse) one.

You may have also heard about these oils from Dr. Oz and Oprah. Oprah is a die-hard Thieves lover and mentioned it in her must-have travel essentials in O Magazine. Oprah always knows what’s up.
The essential oils from Young Living are all therapeutic grade oils you can diffuse, apply topically, and ingest.  Basically things that you’d typically run to the medicine cabinet and pop a pill for.
We don’t have a ton of “issues” in our family but here is what we've used, with success, so far:
  • Purification: On mosquito bites, in bug spray, and to get rid of odors in the house and in laundry. This is my secret weapon for getting the smell out of our shoes.
  • Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint: When used together, these are referred to as the “allergy trio.” I diffuse them and also made a roll-on to take in the diaper bag when we are feeling sniffly.
  • Panaway: Cramps and sore muscles.
  • Frankincense: All things skin-related. Acne, all that good stuff. (My skin is much clearer these days)
  • Valor: Snoring and anxiety.
  • Lavender: Diaper rash, eczema flare-ups, scrapes & cuts, and sleepy cream.
  • Thieves: Fighting illness.
  • Lemon: Add to water to alkalize the body, detox, improve circulation, encourage proper digestion, minimize fluid retention, increase metabolism. (This is one of my must-have oils)
  • Peace & Calming: Calming fussy babies, toddlers, and adults ; )
  • Stress Away:  My secret weapon!
These oils plus a few more, and a diffuser, some samples, and some literature all come in the Premium Starter Kit. As I mentioned, that is how I got started, and it’s how I recommend all essential oils newbies get started! (I specifically recommend the kit with this pretty white “Aroma” diffuser, because look at it. It’s gorgeous!)
How to get your hands on the Premium Starter Kit:
1. Click over to the sign-up page: https://www.youngliving.com/signup/?site=US&sponsorid=2366588&enrollerid=2366588
2. Select “Sign Up As: Young Living Wholesale Member” (this secures you the 24% off discount on all future orders)
3. The “Enroller ID” and “Sponsor ID” boxes should already be filled in for you.  If they aren't, fill in 2366588 in both spots.
4. Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact info. (The reason you are asked for your SSN is for tax purposes; if you make over $600/year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail, as is required by law.  Young Living never shares this info with anyone, and you’re not obligates to sell anything if you do not want to. I promise I wouldn't lead you astray here!)
5. Create your password and pin which you will use to log in to your account and order your oils.
6. Select your enrollment order.  This is where you can specify which starter kit you would like. I recommend the Premium Kit with the Aroma Diffuser.
7. It will ask if you want to sign up for the Essential Rewards program. I recommend saying no to this for now.
8. Agree to Terms & Conditions
9. CONFIRM YOUR ORDER. Some folks miss this step and end up not fully checking out.  To confirm, the tool will log you in and it will show you your order again and it will make you enter in your payment information again.
10. Wait for the mailman to arrive! This step can be so agonizing.
Oh, and
11. Please friend me on Facebook so that I can add you to some fun oily Facebook groups!

PLEASE NOTE: THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS INTENDED FOR YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE ONLY AND IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT FOR SPECIFIC MEDICAL CONDITIONS.  YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS INFORMATION TO DIAGNOSE OR TREAT A HEALTH PROBLEM OR DISEASE WITHOUT CONSULTING WITH A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE STARTING ANY NEW TREATMENT OR DISCONTINUING AN EXISTING TREATMENT. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS SITE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment