February 26, 2015

Sweet Dreams Cream


One of the first things I made after I got my Young Living essential oil starter kit was make a Sleepy Cream for Ryder. At the time he was waking once or twice a night just to have us hold him in the rocker for a few minutes. It wasn't too hard to get up and be with him since it only took a few minutes but once I am awake during the night, I'm awake. So it was starting to really exhaust us night after night for weeks. He wasn't teething. He wasn't sick. There really was no known reason for his waking. We believe that it just became a habit after the nights that he did have a solid reason for needing us during the night.



We now use this cream in our bedtime routine for both naps and nighttime. Our nighttime routine looks something like this: dinner, bath, games with daddy until 8pm. Then we start diffusing peace and calming + lavender + cedarwood. Ryder gets a new diaper and a sippy of milk while I rub the sleepy cream on his feet and legs. Then we read books until it's time to brush teeth and go to bed.


Sleepy Cream

4 oz. glass jar
4 tablespoons coconut oil
10 drops peace and calming
10 drops lavender
10 drops cedarwood

Whip all oils together in jar.



I also use a 4 oz glass spray bottle with water and 10 drops of each of the oils above to spritz his blanket before we leave the house. If we end up in a situation where he gets nervous or tired he loves to cuddle the blanket and the scents calm him and remind him of home and his comfort zone.

If you are interested in learning more about essential oils you can read this post or if you want to know how you can get your own kit, leave your email address in the comments :)

PLEASE NOTE: THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS INTENDED FOR YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE ONLY AND IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT FOR SPECIFIC MEDICAL CONDITIONS.  YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS INFORMATION TO DIAGNOSE OR TREAT A HEALTH PROBLEM OR DISEASE WITHOUT CONSULTING WITH A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE STARTING ANY NEW TREATMENT OR DISCONTINUING AN EXISTING TREATMENT. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS SITE. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE my lavender and can hardly wait for my Cedarwood to arrive. I'm sure that if it helps me sleep, I won't nearly as cute in bed as Ryder does. LOL!

    ReplyDelete