November 18, 2013

Holiday Rambling & Christmas Playlist

I have a heavy heart this morning for those families affected by all the tornadoes here in the midwest yesterday. I am especially sad for those who lost their homes & possessions so close to the holidays. Today I am going through closets & the pantry. I will be donating a some clothing & food items to a few places locally that are collecting for those families who need it in this sad time. Here is a photo of the storm that was posted online. (This is NOT my photo)
There is proof that God is always with us. Even in the darkest of times.

In other news!
Christmas decor has already started popping up around the house. It's a tradition (and I refuse) to put the tree up until we get back from mad Black Friday shopping!! Most of the decorations are in Ryder's room. His room is getting a full holiday makeover & I'm hoping to be finished in a few days! I can't wait to post pictures! Since we moved into this townhouse I haven't posted any pictures of the rooms. Mostly because I'm still not a big fan of this place. I don't think I ever will be considering I'm counting down the months until we have a house...as for the rest, I have sprinkled a few winter & Christmas themed decor. I hung garland (wish we had a fireplace) & put a few sparkly items here & there.

What inspired me to start all this decorating early?? Christmas music, duh! Normally I won't listen to it until the day after Thanksgiving, BUT with it being just Ryder & I at home all day, we rarely have the tv on. So on went the Christmas playlist!!! Here are my top picks:

Dreaming of a White Christmas by Otis Redding (from Love Actually)
Baby, It's Cold Outside by Leon Redbone & Zooey Deschanel (from Elf)
Pennies from Heaven by Louis Prima (from Elf)
All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey
Oh Holy Night by Mariah Carey
Frosty the Snowman by Burl Ives
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee
Silver Bells by Kenny G
Spirit of Christmas by Ray Charles (Best enjoyed when wearing a sweater & watching old family movies in your attic)
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas by Gayla Peevey
Run Run Rudolph by Luke Bryan (So much fun!)
'Ex Miss by New Found Glory
Where are You Christmas by Faith Hill
Notice you will not find Feliz Navidad on this list...I cannot stand that song!!

In other news, Ryder is now sitting at the table for dinner! He doesn't eat with us yet, obviously, but loves to sit up & talk with us...that is as long as he gets a good nap in ;)

1 comment:

  1. Missy,

    i am truly amazed at your talents of blogging, writting and words as you are terrific at it. i was talking to ur mom yesterday after church as i always do and i always ask about all of you and she and i even wrote in a message on fb to her last nite about how talented you are. im glad to hear you kiddos and your families are safe and sound after yesterdays weather. i agree with your title under the rainbow picture i fully agree with you there. i agree too with you and your mom about being in the christmas mood she was telling me yesterday she was ready to play and listen to christmas music and i love your choices of music those are some of my favorites too. ryder is sure growin up fast it seems and i just love that picture of him sitting up. take care and hope to see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete