August 7, 2016

Curious Three



Ryder's favorite character this year is Curious George. While he does like a few other shows and characters, George is always the first one he chooses to watch, the first stuffed animal he grabs for bed, and one of the things that he must take with him on errands, trips, and around the house, and the first books he will grab to read. George went with us to the beach last month, he goes on almost every errand with us, and he even occasionally gets bites of food during the day. I wanted to have his party Curious George themed to really showcase his love for this special monkey. Even though he is really into trucks, pirates, and emergency vehicles right now, I know that he will always love them and he may not always love George. So we went with a Curious George theme and Ryder was on board immediately!

I wanted to stick with traditional Curious George colors and characters from the show, but I have a love for all things simple and white. So I tried to combine the two themes and decided to have most of the focus on the cake and the number three. I searched Pinterest for days and finally found a cake idea that I liked, but none that really stood out to me. I asked Ryder to chose his favorite George episode (I gave him four choices) and he really liked all of the kite flying episodes and books. So, I went with that. I used a boxed Funfetti cake mix and classic vanilla icing, dyed blue. I cut simple cloud shapes from fondant. I found this cute Curious George cake topper on Amazon and it's perfect because it can also be used as a toy figurine after! I made the kite from paper and a paper clip, found a small number three candle from our local grocery store, and the cake was done! I love how it turned out and Ryder was so excited to see George flying his kite.



I wish I would have gotten more photos of the food, but we were too busy eating and playing. We served Chef Pisghetti's Rotelle Pasta with garlic bread, Farmer Renkins' Farm Fresh Veggies, and Bill's Sweet Tea. I also made banana sugar cookies, cupcakes, and popcorn for a little extra sweetness.









The man in the yellow hat, also known as Ted, lent us some yellow hat cones to play ring toss with. Ryder loved playing this before the party, but the cones quickly became pool toys after we ate cake.





A few of Ryder's friends couldn't make it to the party, which made us bummed, but Ryder ended up having so much fun regardless. Thank you to all those who helped us celebrate our favorite three year old!!




No comments:

Post a Comment