July 13, 2015

Friday Favorites


I had this all typed up and ready to be posted on Friday. But life happened and we were busy all weekend. Better late than never right?

Not all of my favorites this Friday are things that I can give you a link to. Because this Friday, not all of my favorites are material things. This summer I wanted to focus on saying yes more often and embracing (remember my word of the year?) the messes and the chaos. This has meant more time soaking the kitchen counters and floor with water because little man is learning how to help wash dishes. Sure it ends up mostly me trying to get dishes rinsed off and put into the dishwasher faster than he can unload them and toss them back into the sink. It takes twice as long and makes a way bigger mess than doing it myself but he is learning and having fun.



I have been looking for a cast iron dutch over for a while now. I love to make stews and soups during fall. I found an enameled cast iron dutch oven on sale and I have been using it for everything! It cooks meat evenly and it is so easy to clean! Of course I got a white one. ;)

I made this Tomato Soup in the dutch oven a couple weeks ago and it was delicious!


It's no surprise that we love music. Ryder and I always have some sort of music on during the day. Sunnylife Beach Sounds Radio is perfect for carrying the iPod from room to room and even taking it to the park for our picnics or to the pool, it's splash proof! Ryder is always carrying it around and dancing to the music. 


And last but not least, I wanted to share our most recent food obsession. Nearly 3 days out of the week we make French Toast Sticks. They aren't the healthiest but since we've entered the picky-eating toddler stage, I have to get him to eat. We could easily eat these everyday.

Happy Monday, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! And seriously.... PLL is making crazy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Supposedly we are going to see Charlie without his mask in the next episode. I'm not holding my breath!

      Delete