March 7, 2014

French Toast Sticks


I have always struggled to make the perfect french toast. My mom makes french toast that is so delicious & she makes it looks so easy! For me, it is any but easy! I found this recipe on Pinterest & I thought it seemed so simple. I gave it a try. They were as simple & easy as it looked. Plus they turned out amazing! We are definitely adding these to our family recipe book. I can't wait until Ryder is old enough to have one stick in each hand & be covered in powdered sugar. Soon baby, soon.

French Toast Sticks
8 slices thick-cut Texas Toast
4 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
(I never said this was a healthy recipe)
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter

1. Cut each slice of bread into strips. The original recipe said to cut 4 but I did 3 so they were a bit bigger.
2. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, cinnamon, sugar, & vanilla. 
3. Dip each strip on bread into mixture. Be sure to shake off the excess.
4. Heat the butter in a skillet on medium heat.
5. Once the butter is bubbling place a layer of the coated sticks. Be sure not to crowd the skillet.
6. Cook until a golden brown on each side & crispy on the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment