June 8, 2015

DIY First Aid Kit | Essential Oils

I am so excited that our big camping trip is only a couple weeks away! And while I'm completely nervous about how Ryder will do this year, there is definitely so many things I am looking forward to. Let's name a few of those, the beach, having no plans, exploring the sand dunes, and spending four solid days with my boys. What I'm not looking forward too is the bugs, the unknown weather, and the unpredictable toddler mood swings in the middle of a campsite. At least I can be prepared for some of those!


This year I gave our first aid kit a complete makeover. I made so many roller bottles and sprays with essential oils! And I spent nearly half of what I have spent of chemical-filled products so many times before. I wanted to share with you what I put in our first aid kit and how I made each item.

I found this adorable first aid kit at Target. The kits are not only the perfect size to fit into luggage, the car glove box, a diaper bag, but they are made so that you can build your kit the way that you want it built! They also sell matching band-aids! Of course those flew into my cart just as fast as the kit. I purchase all of my glass roller bottles and spray bottles at Abundant Health. Their shipping can get very pricey so I recommend buying what you need and a little extra. That way you aren't making as many smaller orders.


1|tummy - thieves + peppermint
2|headache - frankincense + peppermint + lavender
3|bug bites - lavender + purification
4|sinuses - lemon + lavender + peppermint
5|calming - lavender + cedarwood + valor
6|pains - Deep Relief
We use almond oil as a carrier for all of our roller bottles.


1|sunburns - lavender + peppermint + apple cider vinegar
2|ouch spray - can be found in this post
3|bug spray - can be found in this post
4|hand sanitizer - thieves + lemon + witch hazel


Of course I also pack a few single oils for different purposes.

Eucalyptus Radiata | supports respiratory system health
Lemon | add flavor to water, energizing
TummyGize | relax and calm symptoms of upset tummies, pre-diluted for children
SniffleEase | ease respiratory irritations, pre-diluted for children




A few other items that I recommend adding to your first aid kit are tweezers, cotton balls, tissues, gauze, and any other emergency items or medicines that you or your family may need.

If you would like more information on how to get these oils into your hands, leave your email address in the comments or check out this page and follow the link to sign up!

THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS INTENDED FOR YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE ONLY AND IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT FOR SPECIFIC MEDICAL CONDITIONS.  YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS INFORMATION TO DIAGNOSE OR TREAT A HEALTH PROBLEM OR DISEASE WITHOUT CONSULTING WITH A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE STARTING ANY NEW TREATMENT OR DISCONTINUING AN EXISTING TREATMENT. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS SITE. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome recipes! I definitely need to make these for the summer. Love your oil posts!

    ReplyDelete