April 27, 2015

Weekending

Happy Monday! It's a beautiful day here in our neck of the woods. Ryder and I enjoyed our coffee on the front porch this morning. It was a refreshing start to the week. I hate how weekends go by so fast. We spend the entire week waiting for those days of relaxation and then we pack it full of family fun and it's over in the blink of an eye. I live for the weekends.



One of Ryder's favorite things to do is to show off his toys. He always gets so excited when family comes to visit. Specially when they come early and bring donuts! My aunt and cousin love to spend time with Ryder and he just loves to play with them. He shows them all of his toys (which they've seen a thousand times) and they hop onto the floor to join or run around the house chasing a ball with him. Plus he always takes great naps after they leave. Always a bonus!

I think my favorite part of the weekend was an unexpected event. Seth was out of town Saturday night and Ryder needed to sleep with me in our big bed because he was missing daddy. At first I was hesitant because we had finally gotten him back into a great sleeping habit but it was either sleep with me or not sleep and cry all night. So of course I chose the snuggles. It has been so long since he's slept curled up on me all night. My worn-out, needing a break, mama heart was melted into a big puddle on the floor.

Sunday we spent the afternoon at one of my best friend's little girl's birthday party. She held it at the same place we do gym class so Ryder was pretty excited to be there and schooled the older kids on the equipment! It was Ryder's first birthday party to attend and be able to participate so it was a pretty big deal. Ice cream, cake, and all! We had so much fun!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment