October 21, 2014

House Tour {part 1}

Okay, this post has been one in the making for weeks! It may have actually been sitting, collecting cobwebs for a couple months. Better late than never right? I wanted to be sure that we had settled a little better into our house before showcasing it on the blog.


The living room is by far my favorite place in the house! The light that comes in the windows is gorgeous from sunrise to sunset. We are considering building a faux fireplace under the TV. Mostly so that I can have a mantle to decorate and to add a little charm to the space. We are still working on adding a gallery wall to the wall by the bar (the one with his slide which will be moved back outside after winter) We are also working on changing the lighting above the bar and adding barstools. I am loving these barstools from Target.



The best part about this kitchen, in my opinion, are the slow close drawers and all of the cabinet space. We also have a closed pantry that is not pictured. I have been trying to decide what to do with or above the sink window and how to decorate the eating area. I'm thinking of just adding a hanging lighting fixture. I have my eyes set on these pendant lamps.




I am working on putting together the second part of the house tour, but I am currently taking care of a toddler tornado who has his second cold of the season. I hope this isn't a preview of how the rest of the fall and winter will go. So for now it's more steamy bathrooms, allergy medicine, and cuddles. Any tips on using essential oils? I've been doing a little research but I would love to know if any of you use them and would give me some beginner advise.

1 comment:

  1. Your house is gorgeous! We have our second colds of the season as well and I'm actually ordering some essential oils today!

    ReplyDelete