February 17, 2014

Our Valentine's Weekend

I am so thankful for the Valentine's Day weekend that we had. It was relaxing & spent with the 2 loves of my life. We started off the weekend with lots of playing & cuddling. Seth had to work on Friday so Ryder & I ran a few quick errands in a snowstorm that left 4 inches of snow on the ground. We had no choice though. We were out of groceries & a few other things. Since we had been sick for the past week it was hard to get out of the house. So with lots of cleaning (& slipping & sliding) we finally had food we needed & a clean house.

On Friday night I made a heart-shaped pizza with heart-shaped pepperoni. I was a little nervous at first since it was my first homemade pizza & the dough wasn't exactly cooperating but after a little time & lots of kneading & shaping it turned out pretty good! And it was delicious! I think we may go the homemade route more often.



And before you ask, those are green peppers on my side. Ever since I was pregnant with Ryder I have craved green peppers. I love them on pretty much everything. Even sliced & dipped in Ranch. Yum.

I didn't make the whole thing from scratch. I used a Chef Boyardee Pizza Kit. Although I recently found a recipe for homemade pizza sauce that seems very easy. Once I try it I'll let you know how it is.

Saturday after Seth got home from work we went out to eat just the 3 of us. Even though it was suppose to be a date night it was so fun to have little man with us. He charmed everyone around us (we had a 45 minute wait) & our waitress. He really is such a good baby when we go out!

To end the festive weekend we had heart-shaped cinnamon rolls & an entire day of playing, dancing, & listening to music. And of course Walking Dead :) I hope all of you had a great Valentine's Day weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment