July 9, 2013

Baby Brain Ramblings

I can NOT believe there is only 6 weeks left until my due date! I am having the hardest time deciding on an outfit for his hospital pictures and his coming home outfit. He has so many cute ones. I suppose it really doesn't matter, but I just can't wait to decorate baby! I say this to Seth and get funny looks. All I mean is that I can't wait to dress him in all of his cute clothes and then annoy him with endless amounts of pictures. I especially can't wait to dress him up for every holiday! I took a few pictures of some of my favorite outfits I can't wait to put him into.





I absolutely love these little pajamas!


My Endless To-Do List
With my baby-baking days coming to an end, it's becoming more and more exhausting to look at all of the things that we still need to get done. Here are just a few things that keep me wide awake during the majority of the night and wee morning hours.

1. Pack hospital bags.
(still trying to convince myself that I really do not need to pack everything including the kitchen sink)
2. Hang name letters.
(I'll have to be careful when sharing nursery pictures with you)
3. Wash dry and organize all estimated 582 baby outfits.
(feeling like I may have gone a little overboard with shopping)
4. Purchase remaining baby registry items.
(may need to host a car wash or bake sale first)
5. Shampoo carpets and clean the house spotless.
(I feel like this is a never ending job right now)

Okay, that was overwhelming enough for today! I can't even finish my list of things I need to finish.
Fail.

Splurges on Baby
We have been slowly shopping for the remaining baby registry items and baby must-haves. We have also added a few items that we just thought baby boy couldn't live without. Of course, most are completely unnecessary, but we just had to have them. Here are a few of our little splurges on baby.


New Symptoms - - The Joys of the Third Trimester
For the past week I've been experiencing a whole array of new symptoms that just keep getting worse with every day that passes. I am counting down the days until my due date just to remind myself that "this too shall pass". But with all the new stuff going on it is getting a bit harder. Little man has preferred my right side since day one. However, now he is so heavy and big that I am constantly battling a bulge on my left side. his rear end is always wedged under my ribs and it almost feels like he may just fall out right under my spleen. Luckily his kicks and movements are more focused toward the left side. Although he does stick his elbow into whatever organs are on my right side. Another new symptom that is really beginning to get on my nerves is my stomach muscle aches. The stiff and soreness makes it way too hard to roll over in bed and even sit up on my own. Eff! These round ligament pains are no joke. They hurt from my ribs down to my pelvis on all sides of my big baby belly. And don't even get me started on my newly acquired sausage fingers and toes!! I'm literally drinking 8-12 glasses of water a day and propping my feet up...guess what?! It isn't helping. This summer heat is doing a number to my body. The sciatic nerves in my hips and legs are very painful. I can only handle laying on one side for about one hour before it becomes unbearable. My back occasionally hurts but mostly from trying to get comfortable all night long. I've tried multiple pillows shoved all around me, body pillows, sitting up, and just plain old suffering through it. Mostly the variety of pillows works best right now. Only a few more weeks to go...

Okay, that's enough boring you with my baby brain ramblings for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment