March 18, 2017

Easter Basket Goodies

We played it low key again this year for St. Patrick's Day. Ryder and I have been sharing viruses back and forth since the beginning of February and it seems never ending. We've gone through so many tissue boxes, so many Boogie Wipes, very little sleep, lots of orange juice, and not much time out of the house. Thankfully the weather is suppose to be warming up so we will be able to open up the windows and get outside more often.

Easter is a little over four weeks away and I couldn't be more excited! Warmer weather, flowers blooming, trees budding, and color everywhere. We will be getting Ryder his first bicycle this year but I will still fill a basket for him. Easter baskets and stockings are two of my favorite things to fill. I am always on the hunt for fun and simple toys and games to surprise loved ones. I love finding unique items that they won't see on shelves in every store. I feel like it makes the holidays that much more magical. As Ryder as gotten older, finding unique toys and simple games has become a favorite pastime. He has been really into playing board games such as Candyland, Hungry Hungry Hippos, and Pete The Cat And The Groovy Buttons game. He does fairly well with the rules, until he loses. So this Easter I wanted to look for a couple more fun games for him to play. I know that he will love the game Lucky Ducks and Elefun so those definitely are waiting for him in my present hiding spot.

He is also really into Hot Wheels and small character toys. I love that Target has these medium size eggs with great prints! They are large enough for a car and a small character to fit in for hiding. We will also fill a few eggs with candy and coins, but I really want to keep the sugar to a minimum this year. This means there will be a lot more bubbles, art supplies, and books in his basket this year. Here are a few of my favorite finds this year for ages zero to three.


basket at Target || bunny tights || feed a frog game || radish rattle

As for adult Easter baskets, I would take a large bouquet of beautiful spring flowers and seeds for my garden. If the guy in your life is into something a bit more check out the beer basket that I make for Seth every year. This year his birthday falls on Easter so I think I will have to go a little beyond just a case of beer and some snacks.

And just for fun, here is a throwback to Ryder's first Easter four years ago! Oh my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment