December 4, 2016

Catching Up

Holy cow! October came and swept me under. I've been so busy and it's only getting crazier with Christmas only weeks away. Before I get into all of our Christmas posts I wanted to write a little post to help catch up on all that has happened while I was absent from blogging.


Our Thanksgiving was fairly laid back this year.





We put up our decorations the weekend before Thanksgiving because I knew that our schedules were going to be hectic. Ryder is at the perfect age this year! Watching his eyes light up from the magic and the wonder made me feel those feelings all over again. He loved every ornament, every light, and every decoration. We surprised him with the Polar Express train for under our tree. It was definitely one of the best days ever!


This year I rebelled and went shopping after Thanksgiving dinner. I've always been so against it, but I found out this year that I will most definitely be doing it again next year! Sorry for those that are forced to work during their Thanksgiving dinners, however, most places take volunteers to work and many careers and jobs require it anyways. My family has always worked around our family members that had to work on holiday and it always ended well. My father plowed snow on interstates for years and missed many Christmas dinners and family time.

I enjoyed it because I was still awake and alert from the day and I was able to go home and get more sleep than I would have if I'd gone home after dinner just to wake a few hours later. I got amazing deals on all of the presents I needed and most of my shopping was completed in just three hours. I call that a win! I also can't wait to play with that pirate ship peeking out of the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment