October 12, 2016

October Happenings

The past week has been filled with sadness, happiness, family, and lots of pumpkins! I feel like we haven't been able to slow down and I'm just sitting here watching October fly by. We fully intend to make the most out of the last couple weeks of October and be as festive as we can! Time to prepare for all things spooky and orange!


Last Monday after we got back from our trip to the pumpkin patch, we were just finishing up nighttime baths and getting ready for bed, when I got the phone call that my grandmother had left us here on earth. She had been fighting a hard battle with Lewy Body Dementia for years. This past summer I watched as the grandmother that would once play house and school with me, take my cousins and I on camping trips, and play card games with me, became so confused and completely controlled by fear and anxiety. It is a horrible disease. While it is so sad to say goodbye to a wonderful and beautiful woman that we got to have for so long, it is also a relief knowing that she is no longer in pain.


The rest of the week was filled with pumpkin patch visits, decorating, and visiting with family!









If you follow me on Instagram, be ready for lots of pumpkin and Halloween overgramming. And I'm not even sorry about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment