December 1, 2015

North Pole Breakfast

Hello December! We are in complete Christmas mode over here. This morning we woke to find that Santa had sent an elf to watch over our actions. We read the Elf on the Shelf book and tried to explain the idea to Ryder. I'm not sure that our elf will be going back and forth every night but I'm sure he will find himself in a few mischievous situations in the next 22 days. For now he has landed a spot out of toddler reach and I will most likely forget that he's even there until it's time to pack away decorations. But I fully intend to have at least one zip lining adventure and maybe throwing some underwear on the tree before Christmas.

Our elf surprised us with a festive breakfast from the North Pole complete with Candy Cane Mini Doughnuts. I will be honest, I bought plain cake doughnuts and just added homemade icing (powdered sugar and water) and sprinkled chopped candy cane Hershey kisses. Nothing fancy and works great if you're short on time. Our elf also brought a tree just for Ryder to put in his room. I think Ryder was most excited about the tree. He has pulled me into his room a few times already this morning to show me the lights and his ornaments. And then there's the snowflakes. I quickly cut out 15 snowflakes and hung them from the ceiling with twine and tape.





Maybe next year our elf will be named and maybe I will have more motivation to be more festive with the creepy little thing. Sorry, Santa.

1 comment: