November 9, 2015

Thanksgiving Dish Ideas

With Thanksgiving being only a couple weeks away, it is time that I really get to planning. We always tend to have to same foods year after year. And while everything that will land on our plates will be traditional and iconic, I'm wanting to change things up just a bit. I've been searching for new recipes of classic favorites for Thanksgiving dinner. I've collected a few that I can't wait to make. They are just like the usual dishes that many families serve but with a twist compared to what is typically found on our table.


Parmesan + Garlic Green Beans || I've been making our green beans with a little olive oil and salt forever now. But I've never thought of adding Parmesan cheese. Genius!

Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges || Just in case you are tired of mashed potatoes every year, here is something a little different but still gives you that starch that we all crave. I think I'll make these for the next football party too!

Honey Glazed Carrots || Normally I add a tablespoon of coconut oil on top of a bowl of freshly steamed carrots. Just looking at the pictures of these carrots are making my mouth water.

Rosemary Dinner Rolls || I'm always ready to try a new bread or roll. These rosemary dinner rolls just look so light and buttery. They will be making it to our table this year.

Apple Streusel Bars || In all honesty I am really considering making this for breakfast on Black Friday before heading out into the chaos. I can't get enough of apple desserts.

Pumpkin Cookies || When a recipe starts out "melt in your mouth" how can you resist? I'm always trying to find ways to sneak a little veggies into our day, even if it contains unhealthy amounts of sugar. Get in my belly!!

Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes || Who has time to slave over the stove (and oven) all day to make a dozen different dished for guests? Okay, maybe some of you like to do that. But when I can add a slow cooker into the mix, I'll be honest, I get super excited! Creamy, homemade mashed potatoes and they cook themselves!? Sign me up!

Cranberry Orange Sherbet || To whomever thought of this idea, thank you! I cannot stand cranberry sauce. I hate it. But add cranberry and orange into ice cream, I am all for it! I think this will be a staple in our freezer every November from here on out.

There you have it! Just a few things that I plan on adding to our Thanksgiving menu this year. What are a few main or side dishes that you love and serve every year or one that you are going to try new this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment