September 16, 2015

Apple Bread

There's just something that makes me so happy about the warm colors and fall scents. Cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, pumpkin, apple, they make me mouth water and my heart sing! We've been visiting our local orchard a couple times since they opened for the season. We've made applesauce, apple bread, and are planning on using the last few apples for an apple pie. We love apples around here. I wanted to share with you our Apple Bread recipe. I stole it from my mom because she makes the best food ever. Thanks, mom!!



Apple Bread
***Makes TWO loaves!!***
1 1/4 cup oil (I've been using coconut.)
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups of diced + peeled apples
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix together oil, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Slowly add the day ingredients to the wet ingredients. Gently mix in the apple pieces. Add half of the mixture into a greased 9x5 loaf pan. Combine the tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon, sprinkle on top of loaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes (nonstick/dark) or 1 hour (regular)



No comments:

Post a Comment