October 3, 2014

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins


I found the original recipe for these muffins here. However, when I saw all of the oil and sugar I knew that I needed to change a few things. Ryder loves muffins and it is an easy way to slip in some veggies and other healthy things that he wouldn't otherwise eat. So here is my version of these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins.

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

4 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce (I used homemade.)
15 oz. can pumpkin
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 package chocolate chips (I used mini semi-sweet.)

Beat eggs, sugar, applesauce, and pumpkin until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients (keeping a handful of chocolate chips separate, and beat well. Fill cupcake liner 3/4 full and sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top of each muffin. Bake at 400 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. You can also lightly press down on the tops. If they are slightly firm then they are done!

Ryder couldn't wait to devour these once they came out of the oven.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! They were very yummy also so thanks for the muffins! LOVE the pictures with the little pumpkin and the punkin, Ryder!

    ReplyDelete