May 23, 2014

Friday Favorites

We are so excited about the summer-like weather we have been having. It is perfect for walks in the morning, water play in the afternoon, popcicles & the sweet smell of sunscreen. Am I the only one that likes the smell of sunscreen? Thought so.

1 - I recently have started to make & drink infused water. I feel like it helps me drink more water during the day plus it tastes very refreshing after a very long, hot walk. Ryder even likes to drink it. Currently we are sipping on strawberry lemon water. I just slice up the fruit (usually 2 lemons & 3 large strawberries) & place them in the filtered water reservoir in our PUR Water Filter. I think next we are going to try strawberries & kiwi. I found a great resource with other great options here.

2 - It is popcicle season! This year we are making our own popcicles. My mom gave me Zoku Popcicle Molds for Mother's Day & I love them. They are so easy to fill, clean & use. Ryder has no problem holding onto the stick which is a plus. Although we have to eat it on a towel or outside & always stripped down to just a diaper. Anthropology also has these Squeeze Pop Ice Molds that look like so much fun & are perfect for little hands. The first ones that I made were strawberry & lemon, strawberry & kiwi, & blueberry yogurt. Ryder was skeptic at first, but I think he's over that now ;)




3 - I never thought that I would ever be the girl to buy longer shorts. I use to hate them! However, with my new body I have found that I feel more confident in these Decree shorts. They fit amazing & I love how they look. I also find jean shorts uncomfortable but these are soft & really do fit great.

4 - I have stated my love for Babyganics a lot on this blog. Their sunscreen
 has made me even happier with their products, if that is even possible. I tried it on myself first. I didn't receive a burn & I even unintentionally rubbed my fingers over my eyes. NO BURN! It has kept Ryder sunburn free & we have had no problem with breakouts or eye irritants. I am so happy to have found it!

5 - Fresh fruit is starting to pop up in stores! We can't get enough over here! Then there are days where the sweetness of juicy blueberries just isn't sweet enough, so we made lemon cupcakes with whip cream icing & blueberries. Don't judge.


6 - I saved the best for last. This week Ryder has grown a special attachment to 2 stuffed animals. One is a green monkey & the other is a brown bear. We have to take them with us on errands, in the car, on walks, he drags them all over & brings them to us for us to hug & kiss. But this is by far the best thing to see everyday! He sleeps with them, cuddles with them & kisses them.

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are amazing!!!!!!! Everyone should hire you to take pictures of their children! Of course, Ryder is beyond precious and adorable! I need your recipes for the popsicles!

    ReplyDelete