September 18, 2013

Baby Registry {My Must Haves}

I've put a lot of thought into this post. I wanted to make sure I could give a good opinion about each item. I am a research nut when it comes to finding the perfect baby item and I also like to be sure to find the cutest ones out there. I split the registries into gear, nursery, essentials, and feeding. I left out all items such as clothes, furniture, lotions, detergents...I feel everyone has their own preference and each baby is different.

ONE: Metal Baskets - These are my favorite baskets for organizing all of babies tiny items!
TWO: Sound Machine - This one is great because you can connect your iPod or choose from a number or sounds. An essential for getting your baby to sleep well.
THREE: Swaddle Pod - This is great for when your baby learns how to bust out of it's little baby burrito. Of course Ryder hates to be swaddled regardless...
FOUR: Fan - Definitely important to have in the nursery. It's a preventative measure for SIDS and also helps regulate temperature and provide a little extra background noise.
FIVE: Summer Infant Video Monitor - At first I didn't think we would use a baby monitor since his room is so close to ours. However, I really like this one because you can literally watch baby breathe. Such a comfort when you don't want to sneak into the room to check on them.
SIX: Aden and Anais Swaddle Blankets - The best ingredients for the perfect baby burrito! These are the best (and the cutest!) blankets ever! They are great for not only swaddling but the perfect lightweight car sear cover for cool weather and germ protection.
SEVEN: Changing Pad - This just happens to be the one we chose. I like it because it is contoured and you can strap it to the table.
EIGHT: Crane Humidifier - We love this humidifier! I really helps for cold season...plus it's really cute!

Now onto feeding essentials! These will vary from mother to mother depending on whether you are breast feeding or formula feeding. These are just my recommendations!
ONE: Tommee Tippee Bibs - These are my favorite. They actually absorb the milk unlike others that seem to be made of waterproof material. Plus the extra cushion around baby's neck stops milk from pooling into little neck rolls.
TWO: Avent Bottles - I like these bottles best. They seem to fit just right into Ryder's mouth without being too large. A little word of advice...only buy a few 4 ounce bottles. I know they are just so cute, but you really will only use them for a couple of weeks. The 9 ounce bottles are much handier and you will use them for much longer.
THREE: Bottle Brush - I like this bottle brush because it comes with a nipple brush in the handle.
FOUR: 4-in-1 Highchair - This was not the one I wanted initially and we may even purchase a different one down the road. But this highchair works great. It has 4 different options and is easy to wipe down and clean.
FIVE: Boppy Nursing Pillow - This product has so much great functions! It is great for feedings, tummy time, helping baby sit with support...plus you can buy a million cute covers on Etsy for them!
SIX: Boon Grass/Lawn - Ok, this probably is not a must have, but it is so much cuter sitting on the counter than a regular bottle drying rack. They sell all sorts of flowers and branches for them also! Love it!
SEVEN: Cloth Diapers - These are my all time favorite burp rag! I will get angry if you hand me anything except one of these.
EIGHT: Babyganics Bottle Soap - I know I said I wasn't going to put any soap on here, BUT, you will be so thankful to have tons of this on hand. New moms, you'll freak out over germs and be hand washing everything in sight. This stuff is awesome!
**TIP: Before you bring your baby home from the hospital, have a designated "baby section" closest to the sink AND a big bowl/tub that you can use in one side of the sink for all of your hand washing, sanitizing, and storage needs. I'm so glad we did this. The thought of his bottles being washed in the same side as our dirty, greasy dishes makes me squirm!


ONE: Fisher Price Swing - Everyone already knows the benefits of having an infant swing. We purchased this one and we love it! It swings 3 directions, 6 speeds, & has multiple music choices. Plus it matches any gender neutral decor.
TWO: Graco Stroller - I like this stroller because it is very easy to set up and take down. Bumps are no problem for this stroller either!
THREE: Fisher Price Rock & Play - This is not a must have, but I love it! Ryder sleeps so well in it and I can have it right next to my bed. Ryder had horrible newborn congestion & this kept him propped upright & helped us all sleep a little easier. We have transitioned him into his pack & play, but every now and then he will still end up in this if he has a rough night or for a nap. Plus, it folds & is great to take on trips. It takes up much less room that a pack & play in a small hotel room with already limited space.
FOUR: Graco Pack & Play - This is not the one I originally wanted. I'm not a fan of all the products that look too baby-ish. I will more than likely be buying a different playard in the near future. However, this one has been perfect while Ryder has been sleeping in our room. I've been keeping my eyes on this one here.
FIVE: Fisher Price Bounce Seat - I love bounce seats. I use this in just about every room of the house. Plus it's gender neutral so it matches with any decor.
SIX: Graco Infant Carrier - This carrier is great! He fits perfectly in it and it connects to just about any stroller! I had to have this one because it was mostly black so it can be used for any gender.

ONE: Temporal Thermometer - You will also need an under-the-arm/rectal thermometer, but I like having this thermometer around for when baby is sleeping. All you do is a quick swipe across their head & you don't have to risk waking them up to take their temperature.
TWO: Diaper Bag - I love that this diaper bag looks like a purse...because that's exactly what I use it for! 
THREE: Newborn Sleepers - Carter's has great sleepers for newborns! They fit like a dream, soft as ever, and they come with fold-over mittens to prevent scratching.
FOUR: Sophie the Giraffe - Ok, so maybe this isn't a necessity, but she has been around for nearly 50 years & babies & moms love her...so there must be something. Plus, she is super cute!
FIVE: Diapers - Everybody has their own preference on diapers. We use these because they fit him best & hold the most...stuff :)
SIX: Pacifiers - You should register for all different types & sizes or pacifiers. People love to buy them plus Ryder took 3 kinds before we found the kind that he liked & would stay in his mouth. (MAM brand pacifiers are the winners!)
SEVEN: Wipes - Again, everyone has their own preference. I actually prefer Huggies wipes, yet I received a million Pampers wipes...they are just as good ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment