September 28, 2017

Only Child

When I first learned of this pregnancy I knew instantly that Ryder would make a great big brother! He is so kind and gentle with babies and small children. He is at a perfect age to help when needed, but also be able to play by himself if the baby responsibilities become overwhelming. He is always asking about baby sister and kissing my bump. The other day while I was washing her clothing and blankets he insisted on holding each one and saying "awe" before laying in down gentle in her dresser. If you ask him what he is most excited for he will tell you holding her and having mommy be able to play without a belly.

But as the months have gone on and we get closer to her arrival, I've started to feel guilty of bringing a baby into our world four years later. Ryder and I have spent four years together, just us. So, I wanted to make sure that I still gave him a fun summer of memories. Looking back through my photos of our adventures, I know that he had one last summer as an only child that was not only fun, but a great growing and learning experience. I can't wait to add another child into the fun and watch Ryder grow into the best big brother!












No comments:

Post a Comment