August 20, 2018

Jurassic 5th Birthday


Ryder is five! This year he begged for a Jurassic World party. If Jurassic Park were real he wouldn't hesitate to visit! This kid can tell you all about dinosaurs and then some. I had big plans for this party. My vision included a house covered in vines and foliage, a dinosaur photo booth, and a real smoking volcano cake. But after a month of horrible illnesses and a week long surprise birthday trip I decided to just go simple. And it was everything and more!



I ordered a plain chocolate sheet cake from a local bakery and made the volcano out of rice krispies surrounding a small glass votive. I pour melted chocolate and candy melt over it to make it look like a volcano with lava. We added dry ice and warm water to make it smoke. It was completely magical!


No comments:

Post a Comment