January 28, 2015

Heart-Shaped Everything

Seth recently said to me, "You are the only person I know who decorates for every single holiday." I had to laugh because I do decorate for every single holiday and I know I'm not the only one out there! The minute that New Year's is over, the Christmas decorations come down and the reds, pinks, and purples go up. I have never been one to really celebrate Valentine's Day. However, now that Ryder is here, I can't help myself from getting excited over every aspect of the silly holiday.




We have been working hard on making valentines for friends and family and lots of heart-shaped artwork for around the house. So far I've learned two things. First, Ryder loves the color green, not red. Second, he is absolutely addicted to coloring and painting now. Serious tantrums have been thrown because the paint was gone or it was time to clean up. Or in some cases, I gave him red paint instead of green ;)



I'm also excited because Seth has Valentine's Day off this year! Instead of trying to fight the crowds at all the restaurants and movie theaters, we will be celebrating at home as a family. Seth and I will get our date night but I want to spend that night with both of my loves. We will be having heart-shaped everything that day. I'm thinking heart-shaped pancakes, heart-shaped fruit, heart-shaped pizza, and pink drinks! Of course there will be special treats also.




1 comment: