March 28, 2014

Food Friday: Mexican Pizza


This is one of our go to meals when tacos & fajitas are getting old. I found the original recipe on Pinterest. When I went back to see the recipe it was gone!! So this is my version that is damn close.

Mexican Pizza
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
(I used homemade)
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup refried beans
1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
1/2 cup shredded cheese
(I used a combination of pepper jack & cheddar)
2 - 8 inch flour tortillas
1 Roma tomato - diced
1/4 cup black olives
(I didn't use these)
1/4 cup green onion - chopped

Place the tortillas on a cookie sheet. Put in oven under the broiler for 1 minute each side. Do not walk away! These will  burn fast & smell your house up for days! (not that I would know about this...)
Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Combine taco seasoning with water. Drain meat & mix in seasoning. Simmer until water is nearly gone. Spread refried beans onto 1 of the tortillas. Top with meat. Place second tortilla on top. Spread the very top with the red enchilada sauce. Then add the cheese & toppings.
Bake in oven at 350 for about 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Top with green onions, cut into quarters or smaller if you are that good, I am not. Enjoy!



 And of course, a little munchkin to brighten your day!
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment