January 29, 2014

Operation Organization {part 1}

One of my New Year's resolutions was to get organized. As I am slowly getting everything together, I thought it would be fun to do a monthly post about how I'm organizing our house, lives, & all the little tricks of the trade that I have up my sleeve. I would also LOVE to answer any questions that may pop up along the way & I'd love to hear of your organizing tips as well. Please share!!

First up on the organization tour is my diaper bag. This bag has become my life. I always said that I would stop carrying it when Ryder was no longer a newborn. I take this thing everywhere. Even when he isn't with me. It keeps all my things plus has lots of room for junk. Which has led me to wanting to get it organized!


I dumped everything out & sorted through the most important things that I need. We keep a box in the car with extra wipes, diapers, clothes, & toys for errands. It saves more room in my bag & makes it 10 times lighter. Eventually as Ryder uses less stuff on errands & outings I will move everything into an Organizing Utility Tote or (my personal favorite to use as a purse before baby) Retro Metro Bag. I love all Thirty One products! The hold up great & are useful & stylish.

For now I use the Carter's Fashion Tote.! It has tons of pockets & is plenty big for all of our stuff. I've washed it a couple times & it has held up so far. It's black & goes with almost every outfit. One of my favorite features about it is that it has clips that attaches it to strollers & shopping cart handles. The only flaw that I've noticed so far is that the zipper is detaching. Which is a pain, but still functional!

I use a few small cosmetic bags to keep smaller items in their place. One of the bags has all of our medicine, extra pacifier, extra pacifier clip, nail clippers, & a Tide pen. Another bag holds my chap stick, hand lotion, hair-ties, ect. I roll up one spare outfit & jam it into the larger bag. Since his clothes are still so tiny it works for now. I use a Thirty One Zipper Pouch to keep diapers, wipes, hand sanitizer, A&D ointment, & first aide items. I love that if we need a quick bathroom run I can just pull out this pouch & everything is easily in one place.

What are some of your tricks & tips to keeping your diaper bag organized?

And of course here is some baby boy cuteness for you!


This is his newest thing. I don't know why he does it. While laying on his back or sitting in a high chair he will throw his head back & stare at you or anyone around. People at restaurants love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment