September 8, 2013

One Month Favorites

I wanted to make a list of items that we couldn't live without during the first month of our sweet little munchkin! Of course this does not include the obvious necessities such as bottles, breast feeding essentials, diapers, bedding, etc. This is just my list of things that made our days & nights a little bit easier! :)
1. Boon Grass - This is my favorite drying rack! Not only do all the bottle parts & pieces fit on it perfectly, but it is absolutely adorable!
2. Carters Bodysuits - Carters brand clothes fit Ryder the best. I really like their long sleeved newborn onesies because they have fold-over mittens. Since he will not keep regular mittens on, these are a perfect substitute.
3. Aden & Anais Swaddle Blankets - Not only are these blankets really soft, but they are breathable so I never have to worry about Ryder getting too hot or too cold. He also loves to have these blankets rubbed on his cheeks while falling asleep.
4. MAM Pacifiers - Ryder loves to have a pacifier. We started off with Nuk brand, but he had a hard time keeping them in his mouth. MAM brand is closer shaped like his bottle & he can keep these in his mouth much easier.
5. Tranquil Turtle - We love this toy! It plays ocean sounds & lights up the ceiling with waves! Ryder will go to sleep within a few moments when we turn this on at night...(so do we)
6. Babyganics Hand Sanitizer - I love this brand! Their hand sanitizers & soaps do not dry your hands out. We have many of these throughout the house.
7. Boppy Pillow - I use this for many purposes. I use it to rest my arms on while feeding & holding Ryder. He also likes to sit in it & be propped up so he can look around since he can't hold his head up yet.
8. Rock & Play Sleeper - Ryder sleeps in this next to my side of the bed. He hates being swaddled & when we lay him in the pack and play he tends to smack himself in the head and startle himself awake. Plus it is great when you first bring home baby. You can have them right next to you, rock them, & it keeps them propped so (if they are like Ryder) they will be able to breathe easier with the newborn congestion.
9. Carters Sleep & Play Pajamas - Ryder would actually sleep better when he was wearing these. Most have the fold-over mittens on them that stopped him from scratching himself awake at night. Plus they have some cute "non-babyish" prints.

I can't believe my sweet little baby is already a month old!
Here are a few pictures of him this past week.
Favorites:
- his daddy
- his activity mat
- pacifiers
Dislikes:
- hiccups
-waking up
-the bottom of a bottle :)
I almost can't believe that a month has already gone by. Maybe I should say that it has flown by. Ryder is growing so much these days & I know it will only go faster. He is learning so many new things everyday. He has gotten very good at holding his head up...still a bit wobbly though. I am so thankful to have a baby that loves tummy time. We got him the Skip Hop Activity Gym and he loves it! He will coo and stare at the toys that hang from it. I also set up a mirror next to it and he loves looking at himself and everything around him. Ryder absolutely loves the water! He loves bath & shower time. We try to only bath him every other day, but he can be quite the poop master (requiring many baths). He will smile & coo at us through his whole bath...showers on the other hand tend to put him to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Love this little guy and you, Seth and this blog! I just cannot believe it's been one month already. You are a terrific mommy!

    ReplyDelete