August 25, 2013

My Hospital Bag

While I was pregnant, I searched a million different opinions online about what to pack for the hospital for delivery. I had a basic idea of what I would need and what would be provided, but I didn't want to over pack (which I am totally guilty of) or under pack. I mean come on...you need to guess if you'll need your bigger maternity clothes or if you may possibly fit into some of your pre-preggo larger clothes. Plus you have to decide on clothes for your baby to have their pictures in, wear around the hospital, and for going home. I just felt totally overwhelmed. And not to forget that you need to bring bathroom essentials for you and for your significant other. I hope this helps you even if it's a little.

What I packed in my hospital bag: 
2 maternity tees
2 nursing tank tops
2 maternity tank tops
maternity yoga pants
maternity yoga capris
3 pairs of my own (cheap) underwear
nursing bra
regular bra
pair of socks (my hospital would only allow ones with grips)
outfit for Seth
shower supplies
hair supplies
make-up
Always Infinity Pads
nursing supplies

What I packed in Ryder's bag:
(Let me add that I may have gone a bit over board-lol)
2 onesies
2 pants
2 sleepers
1 gown
1 receiving blanket
1 Aden & Anais swaddle blanket
picture outfit
going home outfit
3 hats
mittens
socks

Don't forget to pack these:
camera & charger
phone charger
nursing pillow
snacks
folder to keep all the paper work
car seat

I used all of my own things. Once I was able to get up & shower, I immediately put on my own underwear (which I bought on clearance & so that I could toss if needed). The mesh undies are just hard to deal with for 48 hours...although I found them comfortable and useful. Ryder ended up spitting-up all over the majority of the clothes I brought & we eventually just kept him in the hospital shirts & pants. Now that I think about it, I may have way over packed. This happens all the time. Next time I don't think I will take so many baby clothes since the hospital provides those. I also don't think I will bring as many different tops for me. I really only used 2, but I'm glad I did have a choice because I was constantly battling between hot and cold. I never used my socks. I wore my flip flops everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment